Create Song Styles
Looking for Xmas Song Styles   .  🎊   Please upload them Here

Saving Styles to a Usb Disk

Discussion started on Korg

Question
Saving Styles to a Usb Disk
I am working with making styles with the Korg Pa 4x  ,

and that is working ok and i make some styles from midi files  To style and that is ok but now comes the question.

How can you save the styles that i have make to a USB Stick  , i am looking for a answer but what i understand is that not so easy,

And i want ask of sombody on this site can explain to me how i must do it i have really no idea how to do this.

The Yamaha was much easier in this, but ok i hope sombody know this,

Grt Rob

#1 - October 08, 2017, 04:07:12 AM

Korg pa4x
Korg Kronos  2  88 keys 
Emu B3 Hammond Module

Re: Saving Styles to a Usb Disk
Good Morning

Have you considered joining the Korg Forums .  A lot of knowledge there . I highly recommend them  :s_good: :s_good:

Ron
#2 - October 08, 2017, 09:47:11 AM

Thanks Ron i will go there and she of the can help me, the system as Yamaha use that works  not the same by Korg ,the have there own system , but i will find out  how it works , i work a longer time with Korg instruments and the most i understand but this is completely different because the new Pa4x use a other interface as the korg pa3x and works a little different but  i will find out,

but again i must say i have no  second regret i have now the Korg instruments wow the are really good.

The Korg pa4x the styles are so good and really the dynamic of the styles are so much better as Yamaha and that is 100 % true, and i have see many reviews but everybody  say that , but Yamaha owns the market in Holland  and i think on the whole world and that is 100 % true
And easier to use as the Korg instruments and also that is true, Korg is for the professional and Yamaha owns everybody also the beginners.
But for me  the combi Kronos Pa4x is much and much better and sound as a real band.

Thanks Again Ron.
#3 - October 08, 2017, 11:18:04 AM

Korg pa4x
Korg Kronos  2  88 keys 
Emu B3 Hammond Module

I  become a member on the Korg Forum, and ask the Question.

And the most answer i get is it only can be done in a complete set , but in the set you can not get the style that you want to put on a USB disk or Hard disk enz

i know now how i must make space for more styles and sounds as the pa4x is ful,

but i have not  really a answer on my Question , how can i get a single style fyle from my Korg pa4x to usb disk or hard disk i even don't know of that is possible

What i have understand it only works in a complete set than you can do with the styes what you want ,but not a single style but i will looking further of this is possible maybe sombody knows how to do this.

but on this site nobody knows it i get no any reaction from the members of this site,

i hope it is possible, because if not than i can not mak styles for the people, only in a complete set and that is not what we want.

i will looking further and the result i will tell of course 

but it ain't easy by Yamaha you can do what you want with a single file but of it is the same by Korg i really not know it yet but i will do my best

Rob.
#4 - October 09, 2017, 03:57:27 PM

Korg pa4x
Korg Kronos  2  88 keys 
Emu B3 Hammond Module

When I get to work tonight (where my 4x "lives")  I'll see the exact steps.  You just Copy and Paste, but Korg calls it Copy and Copy To.
#5 - October 10, 2017, 11:34:25 AM

" The Southern Gentleman "

Hi with Rob i have try to do what you say but it not works.

i can copy and paste  from usb disk to hard disk but when i want copy a user style to a Usb disk there is no option to copy and paste to Usb stick

and that is what i want i make new styles and want place them on this site but i really have no idea to do this.

I understand that you also have a pa4x   if i am wrong can you explain to me how i must do it , and of course i know the terms copy and paste every system works with this words.

i hope you can explain me better how to do this

Rob
#6 - October 10, 2017, 01:20:42 PM
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 03:24:00 PM by Korg Kronos »

Korg pa4x
Korg Kronos  2  88 keys 
Emu B3 Hammond Module

I really not Understand this i ask this question , everywhere on this site on  the Korg forum site but nobody can give me a good Answer it looks of nobody knows this.

I know i can make sets from styles and sounds enz and how i can use the Direct funkty the can tel me this and i know now how it works.

But the Question how you can copy single styles - sounds and pad files  to a Usb disk or Hard disk it looks nobody knows it

I also don't know how you can put one single file out of your style set  , and place it as a single style file , on this site or your computer

the single files are files that are make with a style converter  that can make styles for a special brand  yamaha have a system that can work with  computer language, but by Korg it is different. the system is different Korg works wit sets.

I hope it is possible what i ask if it is not possible than i can not place single style files on this site from the styles i have make on my Pax4,

Really nobody can tell me how it works and i have read many text about this but what i need i can not find,

and i also don't know of Pax4 styles that i have make are usable on a korg pa3x or Pa2x keyboards maybe it not even work

i hope sombody can give me some advice how this works, or maybe it can not be done than is it possible to make styles for other people

On the forum site i also get no result .

But the only thing i can do is waiting on sombody  That can helps me but i think that becomes very difficult, and if it is not possible than i must say sorry to the people and i can not make styles for the people, sombody ask for a style i have make 2 (  "Dancing In the Moonlight" by Orleans/King Harvest ) but i have no idea to post them

Rob

#7 - October 11, 2017, 02:55:24 PM
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 02:59:35 PM by Korg Kronos »

Korg pa4x
Korg Kronos  2  88 keys 
Emu B3 Hammond Module

O.K.  Here's what you do.
First set up a Direct Drive to your USB stick.  It's simple to do, and instructions are in the manual.
Then, if the style is in User or Favorites, select it, then use the drop-down menu to use Copy and Paste.  Click it and the style will be copied.
Then select the DIRECT folder from the three folders (Factory, User, and Direct), and Paste the style to it.  You are done.
If the style you want to copy is a  Factory Style, you must first go to Locks and Un-protect the Factory Styles.  Then the procedure is exactly the same as above.
Hope this helps.  It takes only a few seconds to copy a style this way.
DonM
#8 - October 12, 2017, 01:18:25 AM

i Think this will do it later i will try it korg is a little difficult in this but i think when you know how it works it is very easy to do but i must thank you that you try to help me,

later when i have try it i will let you know .

Thanks for helping me

Grt Rob
#9 - October 12, 2017, 03:58:55 AM
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 05:30:15 PM by Korg Kronos »

Korg pa4x
Korg Kronos  2  88 keys 
Emu B3 Hammond Module

Wow now i know how t works i have really no idea,  but with korg files you have not like Yamaha single style files and sounds enz.

Korg works wit set files, you can put a single file in a set but also many more files styles, sounds , Pads , Midi files ,

i not understand everyting but now i understand it more and more the longer you work with it the more you understand the system Of Korg files songbook sets enz.

It means your keyboard is never full because you always can load different sets to work with i think now i understand it better a Briljant system.

and it works great.

i am nw busy with making styles on my Pa4x keyboard  but i think other keyboards from Korg not can use the styles i make because the korg pa4x have all new sounds and the sounds are not in other keyboards from korg but soon i will place some styles here and people can test it of it works or not.

On the Korg pa4x it sound really good but i am afraid that it not works so good with example the korg Pa3x or Pa2x because the most styles i download here are really useless for the Korg pa4x the really sound not good .

And that is what i want that the sounds become on there place so as the Pa4x most sound and that is perfect if the style not soun good i will throw it away  and i will not use that style for my Pa4x

but some styles i have download the sound really good to perfect. but the most styles are really useless to use for me.

but the styles i make with the Pa4x are really good and useful a little tweak and some pad files and the style becom  really good to  perfect,

But i will later test some style and place them here , and people can test them and let me know how it is of the work in their keyboards or not  and if it works good i can make many songs styles , i have really no idea of it works.

for me it works super i have make many styles with Midi to Style, and the really useful.

But again i am thankful to  DonM that have helps me because in the begin i really not understand it but now i understand it much better,

But Again what a wondermachine is the Korg Pa4x i really have no any minute regret from changing my tyros 5 for the Pa4x .

Rob.

PS i have tested many Midi files and the best files to make a new style from are Karaoke Files  from those files the quality is much better as from normal Midifiles , don't ask me why i have really no idea but i have tested many files and the best are Karaoke Files.
#10 - October 14, 2017, 07:10:08 AM
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 07:18:52 AM by Korg Kronos »

Korg pa4x
Korg Kronos  2  88 keys 
Emu B3 Hammond Module

Rob, you are most welcome and I'm glad it helped.  I look forward to hearing the styles you make.
I agree that the PA4X is a really great arranger.  I use it five nights a week!
www.donmasonmusic.com
#11 - October 15, 2017, 11:44:28 AM

Thanks Mr  DonM,  you have really helped me i come from Holland and my Englisch is not so good ,
The instruction manual from Instruments is always Englisch , almost never in Dutch, The Korg Pa4x is 1200 pages  i understand English a little bit but for so much pages it is really not so easy to understand ,  i have work the most with Yamaha keyboards  , and i must say Yamaha is much easier to work with.

But i change completely to Korg Instruments  Pa4x and Korg Kronos 88 keys versie 2015.

i have really no any second regret of it  for me it is much better in everyting  With Korg Instruments you must work Harder , Yamaha is so that almost everybody can play  , everyting is done for you.

But ok now i understand the most of the Korg Pa4x  and now i understand it better , is a this is a briljant  system you have always enoufg place  , thanks again you have helped me , i ask it on many different sites but almost nobody have explain it to me , but you did it and again i am thankful to you .

And i have see and hear your music,  you have a good voice and make some good music,  and a good style.

and i have understand you always on stage to entertain the people  , and you do a good yob there.

My voice is not so good that is a talent i will never have because my voice  how i say that  ( is for singing Terrible )

i play now 52 years music and go to school for it but singing no can better not do that.

Again Mr Don M thanks for helping me and in a short time i will place some styles here  and people can test them i hope  the can use them on there keyboards

I have so much midi Files  but  i have really no idea how a Pa3x works with Styles from the Pa4x  but we will see how it works.

GRt Rob
#12 - October 15, 2017, 12:12:03 PM

Korg pa4x
Korg Kronos  2  88 keys 
Emu B3 Hammond Module

Thank you for the nice comments Rob.  I know have a PA4X, even though the videos on my site or of the 3X.   
The Korg operating system gets easier to work with as you get familiar with it.   You will do fine my friend!
#13 - October 15, 2017, 08:17:27 PM

Print

Members:

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...