Main Menu

Rednex

Started by ed51, January 25, 2014, 03:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed51

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Rednex is a Swedish musical group, known for their unique sound comprising modern dance, pop and Eurodance sounds mixed with classical country music, folk, and bluegrass elements.

The band originally consisted of the lead singer Mary Joe (Annika Ljungberg), alongside Bobby Sue (Kent Olander), Ken Tacky (Arne Arstrand), Billy Ray (Jonas Nilsson) and Mup (Patrick Edenberg). The group enjoyed success throughout the 1990s with novelty hits such as "Cotton Eye Joe", "Old Pop in an Oak", "The Spirit of the Hawk" and "Wish You Were Here". Pat Reiniz (Patrick Edenberg) also served as the band's producer.

Rednex was initially the brainchild of Swedish producers Janne Ericsson, Örjan "Öban" Öberg, and Patrick Edenberg,[1] who decided to try mixing American country and folk with modern dance and pop music. The name "Rednex" was chosen as a deliberate misspelling of the word "rednecks".

The band originally consisted of the lead singer Mary Joe (Annika Ljungberg), alongside Bobby Sue (Kent Olander), Ken Tacky (Arne Arstrand), Billy Ray (Jonas Nilsson) and Mup (Patrick Edenberg). In 1994, Rednex reworked the traditional folk song "Cotton-Eyed Joe", retitled "Cotton Eye Joe", as a dance track, which became an international hit single. Edenberg was soon replaced by BB Stiff (Urban Landgren) after the "Cotton Eye Joe" release.

The group's debut studio album titled Sex & Violins followed, spawning several more hit singles including "Old Pop in an Oak" and the ballad "Wish You Were Here". However, "Cotton Eye Joe" remains the group's only U.S. hit as of 2013 (#25 on the Billboard charts in March 1995). Two more tracks of the album, "Wild 'N Free" and "Rolling Home", have been released and became moderate hits. A promotional one-off single, the Nicole cover version "Ein Bisschen Frieden", has been released and labeled as "Collo Rossi" for the release.

•  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbfDe7p5cnU

"Wild 'N Free" is a country-dance song by the Swedish band Rednex, released from their debut album, Sex & Violins.
The song's techno-country dance style is built around a re-recorded sample of "The Infernal Galop" from Act II, Scene 2 from Jacques Offenbach's Orpheus in the Underworld.
"Wild 'N Free" appeared in the Nickelodeon Movies and Paramount Pictures movie Barnyard in the scene where the character Wild Mike dances.
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yau8nHOXhug

"The Spirit of the Hawk" is a country-dance song by the Swedish band Rednex, released from their second album, "Farm Out". The lyrics include the spoken lines "My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no shelter, no food. No one knows where they are. Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad. I will fight no more," taken from Chief Joseph's famous speech.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •