Main Menu

Fancy

Started by admin, April 15, 2017, 03:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Fancy were an early-mid-1970s pop group. The band was made up of session musicians produced by Mike Hurst. They had a surprise U.S. hit single in 1974 with a version of the classic "Wild Thing", peaking at #14 on the Billboard Hot 100.

They also a second U.S. hit with "Touch Me", peaking at #19. They were initially fronted by Penthouse Pet Helen Caunt and later Annie Kavanagh. Ray Fenwick, formerly of the Spencer Davis Group, joined Fancy in 1974.  Fancy's song "Feel Good" from the album Wild Thing was sampled by the Beastie Boys on the song "3-Minute Rule" on their album Paul's Boutique.

Wild Thing

"Wild Thing"
"Love For Sale"
"Move On"
"I Don't Need Your Love"
"One Night"
"Touch Me"
"U.S. Surprise"
"Between the Devil and Me"
"I'm A Woman"
"Feel Good"

Turns You On (UK release title: Something To Remember)

"She's Riding the Rock Machine"
"I Was Made To Love Him"
"You've Been In Love Too Long"
"Something To Remember"
"Everybody's Cryin' Mercy"
"The Tour Song"
"Stop"

Both albums were re-released on a single CD, circa 2002, on the UK-based Angel Air record label.[2] Turns You On was expanded with additional tracks and B-sides for this release.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD