Andrea Juergens

Started by admin, March 23, 2017, 04:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Career
Early years
Andrea Jürgens is the daughter of Margret and Heinz Jürgens. She performed her debut hit "Und dabei liebe ich euch beide" (And Yet I Love You Both) in her very first television appearance which took place in the ARD-Silvestergala on New Year's Eve of 1977/1978. The song was written by Jack White and Jon Athan. Its lyrics address the post-divorce situation from a child's perspective. Further appearances on various television and radio shows followed. In the March 1978 Andrea Jürgens was the viewers'-choice winner on ZDF-Hitparade, a television show conducted by Dieter Thomas Heck.

In the fall of 1978 the follow-ups to the debut hit were released. "Ich zeige Dir mein Paradies" (I'll Show You My Paradise) and "Tina ist weg" (Tina's Run Away), together with her success in the so-called hit parades concluded Andrea Jürgens' position as the first big child star in Germany since Heintje. In 1979 she gained further success with "Ein Herz für Kinder" (A Heart For Children) and "Eine Rose für dich" (A Rose For You).

In October 1979 the Christmas album Weihnachten mit Andrea Jürgens was published. Its sales exceeded 1,5 million copies in just three months. Consequently the album achieved multiple gold records and double platinum. The album included the single "Aba Heidschi Bumbeidschi", a traditional lullaby.

1980s
Andrea Jürgens' commercial success continued in a smaller scale in the early 1980s. The folk music album Andrea Jürgens singt die schönsten deutschen Volkslieder was released in 1981. Her next single hits were "Mama Lorraine" (1981), "Japanese Boy" (1981), and "Playa Blanca" (1984). Like "Manuel Goodbye" (1983), "Playa Blanca" was originally sung in English by Audrey Landers. Jack White produced the German versions for Andrea Jürgens.

The albums Solang' ein Mädchen träumen kann (As Long as a Girl Can Dream) (1982) and Weil wir uns lieben (Because We Love Each Other) (1984) were not chart busters like their predecessors. In the latter half of the decade, no new studio albums were released. However, she released some singles (e.g. "Ciao ciao amore") and a "Best Of" compilation which was published in 1987.

1990s and afterwards
Jürgens' next studio albums, Küsse der Nacht (Kisses of the Night) and Liebe (Love), were released in the early 1990s. The album Ich krieg' nie genug von dir (I Never Get Enough of You) was released in 1993. Once again, it included a song originally interpreted by Audrey Landers, namely "Guten Morgen Sonnenschein" (Good Morning Sunshine). In 1996 Jürgens recorded the single "Wir greifen nach den Sternen" (We Reach For the Stars) together with the Nockalm Quintett. The song was included in the album Wenn ich glücklich bin (1996), the opening track of which is the German cover version of Madonna's hit "You'll See", "Du wirst sehen".

In 2002, Andrea Jürgens celebrated her 25-year singing career. The anniversary was celebrated by publishing the jubilee album Dankeschön zum 25jährigen Bühnenjubiläum. In the new century she changed her record company from BMG to KOCH. Lust aufs Leben (Love of Life) (2005) was her first studio album under the new label. Jack White and Peter Wagner had been the producers of Jürgens' albums during her BMG-years, Mr White often mentioned as the executive producer on the album cover. In KOCH her producer has been Alfons Weindorf.

Her early albums were published in a non-plastic CD-box in 2006 by White Records. The albums are: Ich zeige dir mein Paradies (I'll Show You My Paradise), Eine Rose schenk ich dir...und dieses Lied (I Give You a Rose ... and This Song), Irgendwann wird jedes Mädchen mal 17 (Every Girl Turns 17 Sometime), Mama Lorraine and Solang' ein Mädchen träumen kann (As Long as a Girl Can Dream), each with original cover artwork.

Her new album Millionen von Sternen was released in March 2016, including the singles Millionen von Sternen, Das reicht für mehr als eine Nacht and Déjà vu.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
  •  

admin

:49:
  •  

Souldaddy

No, my friend, the black keys are not just for funeral marches ....
  •  

Souldaddy

:smiley-music022:

Andrea Jürgens - Manuel Goodbye

for Tyros (S670 / S900 / 3000)
No, my friend, the black keys are not just for funeral marches ....
  •  

admin

:s_cool:
  •