[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

[move][glow=red,2,300]Songs in this topic from Neil Sedaka[/glow][/move]

01 = Breaking up is hard to do
02 = Calender Girl
03 = Happy Birthday Sweet sixteen
04 = Laughter in the Rain
05 = Oh Carol
06 = One Way Ticket

Neil Sedaka (born March 13, 1939) is an American pop singer, pianist, composer and record producer.

Since his music career began in 1957, he has sold millions of records as an artist and has written or co-written over 500 songs for himself and others, collaborating mostly with lyricists Howard Greenfield and Phil Cody.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUlOyj9F5gM

"Calendar Girl" is a song by Neil Sedaka. The music was composed by Sedaka and the lyrics by Howard Greenfield.  Recorded in 1960 and released in 1961, it was a Top-5 hit single for Sedaka, peaking at #4 on the US charts and #1 on the Canadian and Japanese charts.

Howard Greenfield got the inspiration for the song title from an old movie listing in TV Guide.[citation needed] Record producer Joe Viglione, writing for AllMusic, describes the song as a G-rated calendar of pin-ups such as Betty Grable and Marilyn Monroe, using verbal rather than visual imagery. Each month gives a different reason for the singer's affection for the titular character, and September—"I light the candles at your sweet sixteen"—may be a reference to Sedaka's yet-to-be-released hit "Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen" or just an acknowledgement of his target audience.  Other months in the song reference Valentine's Day in February, the Easter Bunny in April, a junior prom in May and June.

Instrumentation on the song was provided by Stan Applebaum and His Orchestra, with Gary Chester on drums. Recording of the song required 26 takes over a three-hour period.

The song was released to a 45 rpm single backed with a country-and-western song, "The Same Old Fool". Both songs were also released on a Compact 33 Single, a short-lived format that RCA Victor promoted in the early 1960s.

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBpuIym1F6w

T5

"Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen" is a pop song released in 1961 by Neil Sedaka. Sedaka wrote the music and performed the song, while the lyrics were written by Howard Greenfield. The song is noted for being similar in musical structure to Take Good Care of My Baby by Bobby Vee (another 1961 hit), and additionally for its resemblance to the melody of the Chiffons' subsequent 1963 hit "One Fine Day". Both of these songs exhibiting similarity to "Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen" were penned by the team of Carole King and Gerry Goffin. The song reached #6 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart  and no 3 on the UK Singles Chart.

The narrator sings the song to a childhood friend of his upon her sixteenth birthday, reminiscing about the ups and downs of their friendship thus far and declaring that now that she has grown from an awkward tomboy into a beautiful young lady, he wants her for his girlfriend.

This was one of several Sedaka recordings that employed the services of drummer Gary Chester.  Other musicians on the record include Al Casamenti, Art Reyerson and Charles Macey on guitar, Ernie Hayes on piano, George Duviver on bass, Artie Kaplan on sax, Seymour Barab and Morris Stonzek on cellos, David Guillet, Joseph Haber, Louie Haber, Harold Kohon, David Sackson, Maurice Stine, Louis Stone, and Arnold Goldberg on violins, and Phil Kraus and George Devens on percussion.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: peterm

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsYIiY2wnyU

T5

"Laughter in the Rain" is a song recorded by Neil Sedaka, composed by him with lyrics by Phil Cody.

It includes a 20-second saxophone solo by Jim Horn.  Cody reports writing the lyrics in about five minutes after smoking marijuana and falling asleep under a tree for a couple of hours.

•  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHm7PnCCd4E

"Oh! Carol" is an international hit written by Neil Sedaka in 1958. The song was co-written with Howard Greenfield. The song reached #9 in the American charts in 1959. It also earned Sedaka his first #1 ranking when it went to #1 on the Italian charts for four weeks in January 1960. After release of single, it was included in the album Neil Sedaka Sings Little Devil and His Other Hits. The song is noted for Sedaka's spoken recitation of the verse, the second time around.

At the time Sedaka produced the record, his second and third singles, "I Go Ape!" and "Crying My Heart Out For You" had fared poorly on the charts, and RCA Victor was ready to drop them from their label, but producer Al Nevins persuaded the RCA executives to give Sedaka one last chance. Determined to create a hit song, Sedaka purchased the three top singles of the day and listened to them repeatedly, studying their melody, chord progression, and lyrical styles; and he found that they were very similar in structure. He then used this knowledge to create the song, "Oh Carol".

Sedaka had dated Carole King when he was still at high school, and she was still called Carol Klein, so he used her name; Gerry Goffin - King's husband - took the tune, and wrote the playful response "Oh! Neil", which King recorded and released as an unsuccessful single the same year (1958).

Sedaka also recorded a Hebrew-language version of "Oh, Carol!"' which was written by Chaim Kaynan. It has been covered by other artists in other languages as well.

The B-side song, "One Way Ticket", also earned Sedaka a #1 ranking in Japan for several months in 1960, where it was affectionately known as "The Choo-Choo Train Song".

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGGU-15Tt6M

"One Way Ticket" is a song performed by Neil Sedaka, written by Jack Keller and Hank Hunter. The track was originally included as the B-side on Sedaka's 1959 single "Oh! Carol".[1] In 1961, the song featured in the track listing of his third studio album, Neil Sedaka Sings Little Devil and His Other Hits, but was never released as a standalone single. Despite this, the song made it to #1 on the Japanese pop charts, where it was affectionately called "The Choo-Choo Train Song".

"One Way Ticket" has been covered by other artists, most notably by British disco band Eruption in 1978 and Soviet band "Поющие гитары" ("Poyuschie Gitary" - "The Singing Guitars") in 1969 by
  •  

Organplayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYnjqqRTku0

nice song and a Remake of this nice song And for free
  •  

Organplayer

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u70bwMsDoBo

A new set from style 24  cost there 8 Euro i do it for free

i dont know the song but when you work on a song some songs you begin to like and say yes this can be a good song

And this is one of them

•  

Organplayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY-YLZt3gLU

A Request for this song i never hear this song before and really noting to find of this song

From the bottom i must make it,

But this is the result of this song and the style i place by this song that is really a great style a real top style

And i also like this song in the begin i really dont know this but the longer i play it the better the song become really not a bad song
  •  

admin

Laughter In The Rain
  •  

admin

:s_cool:
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luisil