Main Menu

Europe

Started by admin, February 15, 2017, 05:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

01= The Final Countdown

Europe is a Swedish rock band formed in Upplands Väsby, Stockholm in 1979 under the name Force by vocalist Joey Tempest, guitarist John Norum, bass guitarist Peter Olsson, and drummer Tony Reno. Since its formation, Europe has released ten studio albums, three live albums, three compilations and nineteen videos.

Europe rose to international fame in the 1980s with their third album, 1986's The Final Countdown, which sold over three million copies in the United States and 15 million worldwide (included album and single). Europe have sold over 23 million records worldwide.[5] The band has achieved two top 20 albums on the Billboard 200 chart (The Final Countdown and Out of This World)[6] and two top 10 singles on the Billboard Hot 100 chart ("The Final Countdown" and "Carrie").[7]

Europe went on hiatus in 1992, reunited temporarily for a one-off performance in Stockholm on New Year's Eve 1999 and announced an official reunion in 2003. Since then the band has released five albums, Start from the Dark (2004), Secret Society (2006), Last Look at Eden (2009), Bag of Bones (2012) and War of Kings (2015).

Europe has achieved new attention in the US due to being featured in a GEICO Insurance cable television commercial campaign viewed for many months across the US in 2015-16.

The band is mainly influenced by Whitesnake, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Led Zeppelin, Thin Lizzy, UFO and Michael Schenker Group.[8][9]
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

"The Final Countdown" is a song by Swedish rock band Europe, released in 1986. Written by Joey Tempest, it was the first single from the band's third studio album, also named The Final Countdown. The song reached No. 1 in 25 countries,  including the United Kingdom, and was certified gold in the United Kingdom in 1986.  In the United States the song peaked at No. 8 on the Billboard Hot 100 and at No. 18 on the Billboard Album Rock Tracks chart.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX4LC1HBmag

"Open Your Heart" is a power ballad released by the Swedish heavy metal band Europe. It was released twice; in 1984 as a single from the album Wings of Tomorrow, and in 1988 as a single from the album Out of This World. The music video for the 1988 release was directed by Jean Pellerin and Doug Freel  and shot in London, England.

The lyrics are nearly identical in both these versions, except for one verse:

1984: "Oh girl, before I fall... Maybe the sun will continue to shine, maybe the rain will continue to fall, maybe you want to leave me behind, maybe you'll change and give me a call."

1988: "Before we lose it all... Maybe the time has its own way of healing, maybe it dries the tears in your eyes, but never change the way that I'm feeling, only you can answer my cries."
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: peterm