Weeknd, The

Started by admin, June 20, 2018, 10:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Abel Makkonen Tesfaye (born 16 February 1990), known by his stage name The Weeknd (pronounced "the weekend"), is a Canadian singer, songwriter and record producer.

Tesfaye anonymously uploaded several songs to YouTube under the name "The Weeknd" in 2010 and released the critically acclaimed mixtapes House of Balloons, Thursday, and Echoes of Silence in 2011.  The mixtapes were later remastered and rereleased on the compilation album Trilogy (2012), after he signed with Republic Records and created his own record label XO.

Tesfaye has had three number-one releases (Beauty Behind the Madness in 2015, Starboy in 2016, and My Dear Melancholy, in 2018) and another top-two release (Kiss Land in 2013) on the US Billboard 200. He has earned eight top-ten entries on the Billboard Hot 100: "Love Me Harder" with Ariana Grande, "Earned It", "I Feel It Coming", "Pray for Me" with Kendrick Lamar, "Call Out My Name", and the number one singles "The Hills", "Can't Feel My Face", and "Starboy". In 2015, Tesfaye became the first artist to simultaneously hold the top three positions on the Billboard Hot R&B Songs chart with "Can't Feel My Face", "Earned It", and "The Hills". Tesfaye has won three Grammy Awards and nine Juno Awards.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1OTWCd40bc

Wicked Games" is the debut single by Canadian singer The Weeknd. It was recorded at Site Sound Studios and mixed at Liberty Studios in Toronto.  Producers Doc McKinney and Illangelo co-wrote the song and performed all instrumentation. Originally recorded for The Weeknd's 2011 mixtape House of Balloons, the song was remastered and released as the lead single for his 2012 album Trilogy. It was released as a digital single on October 22, 2012, by XO and Republic Records.

Upon release, the single received widespread acclaim from music critics. On May 9, 2013, "Wicked Games" was certified double platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), for shipments of 1,000,000 units in the United States.

This song is also featured on the soundtrack for the movie Southpaw, the soundtrack's executive producer being American rapper Eminem who went on to produce a remix with The Weeknd on his later song "The Hills".
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •