Nilson Brothers

Started by montage, May 25, 2017, 10:29:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

montage

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

The Nilsen Brothers are a German Schlagertrio, which is known with Evergreens like Tom Dooley and But you only once for me . Members today are Josef (called "Pepe") Ederer, Marco Ettisberger and Ralph Cottiati.

The original Nilsen Brothers - Pepe Ederer (* 1932), Gerd Gudera (* 1933) and Walter Leykauf (* 1942) - all came from a Upper Palatinate village. They appeared as amateurs on smaller and larger events and also won a newcomer competition from Bavarian Rundfunk . Then they were recommended to Peter Frankenfeld for his television show Toi, Toi, Toi . After their appearance in Hamburg, they received contract offers from several record companies, which ultimately led to an engagement with the Cologne label Electrola .

Their first single with the German version of the Kingston trio hit Tom Dooley was produced in the autumn of 1958 and reached the German charts in December 1958, where Tom Dooley rose to the first place. In the vending market charts the title was 36 weeks, the youth magazine Bravo noted Tom Dooley in his hit list Musicbox from December 1958 to July 1959 28 weeks, twelve times as the number one. The Nilsen Brothers also sang their success song also in the film comedy Immer the girls .
Until 1961 the Nilsen Brothers recorded ten singles at Electrola, including records with Boy Berger and Angèle Durand . The title Cowboys from the Silver Ranch , which was recorded with Angèle Durand, led to another hit parade success (1960, place 20). Further hit series were Tom Dooley II (1960, 40th), Sacramento (1961, 22nd) and Stielaugen-Tango (1962, 50th).

With the title composed by Ederer But there is only once for me the Nilsen Brothers came only in Austria in the charts (1967, 9.). After the record deal with Electrola had expired, there were only short engagements with Ariola , Decca and Philips . It was not until 1965 that the small Duisburger record company Populär again came to a longer-term contract, which led to over ten single productions. In addition to her record releases, the trio also featured in numerous films.

In 1969 the Nilsen Brothers settled in Switzerland. After Ederer had started to publish soloplates from 1970 onwards, as a composer and producer, and Leykauf went his own way as a singer Patrizius , the trio withdrew from the public in 1972 and instead founded a production company. In 1975 Leykauf finally separated from the Nilsen Brothers and was replaced by Marc Holder. Later cameback attempts failed, in 2005, the trio released its own compact disc titled " Never forget your dreams , which include new versions of But you've got only once for me and My darling, I still love you today .
  •  

montage

•