Main Menu

Enigma

Started by admin, June 09, 2017, 10:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Enigma is a German musical project founded in 1990 by Romanian-German musician and producer Michael Cretu. Cretu had released several solo records, collaborated with various artists, and produced albums for his then wife, German pop singer Sandra, before he conceived the idea of a New Age, Worldbeat project. He recorded the first Enigma studio album, MCMXC a.D. (1990), with contributions from David Fairstein and Frank Peterson. The album remains Enigma's biggest, helped by the international hit single, "Sadeness (Part I)", which sold 12 million units alone.

According to Cretu, the inspiration for the creation of the project came from his desire to make a kind of music that did not obey "the old rules and habits" and presented a new form of artistic expression with mystic and experimental components.

Enigma followed MCMXC a.D. with a series of albums that involved several musicians and producers working with Cretu. The first was The Cross of Changes (1993), which incorporated tribal and ethnic influences and sold over 8 million copies worldwide,  followed by Le Roi est mort, vive le Roi! (1996), which blended together the Gregorian chants reminiscent from the first album and the strong intercultural soundscapes present in the second.

Enigma's fourth album The Screen Behind the Mirror (2000) started a slight departure from the previous world music themes towards a heavier electronic atmosphere. This evolution culminated with Voyageur (2003), its fifth and more pop-based album, and A Posteriori (2006), a work inspired by the future collision between the Milky Way and Andromeda galaxies, with distinct operatic tones and an electronic spectrum closer to Voyageur than the earlier releases.

Seven Lives Many Faces (2008) followed and contained a mixture of classical and modern elements ranging from ethnic chants to rap and dubstep influences. Its eighth album, The Fall of a Rebel Angel, was released on November 2016.

Enigma has sold over 8.5 million RIAA-certified albums in the US and an estimated 70 million worldwide with over 100 gold and platinum certifications. The project has also received 3 Grammy Award nominations.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_sAHh9s08

"Return to Innocence" is a song by German musical group Enigma. It was released in January 1994 as a single from their second album, The Cross of Changes.

It became one of the project's most popular international singles, reaching number one in over 10 countries (including Greece, Norway, Sweden and Ireland), number three on the UK Singles Chart, the Top 5 in Austria, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, Netherlands, Switzerland and South Africa.

It reached the Top 20 in Italy and France. It was also the project's biggest hit in America, reaching number two on the US Modern Rock Tracks chart, number four on the US Billboard Hot 100, and number six on the US Top 40 Mainstream.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F9DxYhqmKw

"Sadeness (Part I)" is a song by German musical project Enigma. The song was released in November 1990 as the first of four singles from the its first album, MCMXC a.D. (1990). It became an international hit, reaching number one in 24 countries. In the United States, the song peaked at number five on the Billboard Hot 100 and number one on its dance chart. A sequel to the song, "Sadeness (Part II)" featuring Anggun, was released on Enigma's eighth studio album, The Fall of a Rebel Angel (2016).

"Sadeness" was written by Michael Cretu (under the pseudonym Curly M.C.), Frank Peterson (under the pseudonym F. Gregorian), and David Fairstein. The lyrics are in Latin and French; the Latin text includes a quotation from Psalm 24:7-8. The Extended Trance Mix from the CD single contains some additional male French lyrics. The female French lyrics in both this version and the regular one are whispered by Cretu's then-wife, Sandra, who at the time of Enigma's formation had already had hit singles as a solo artist.

The Gregorian vocals were mostly taken from the 1976 album Paschale Mysterium by the German choir Capella Antiqua München with conductor Konrad Ruhland, specifically from their track "Procedamus in pace! (Antiphon)". The vocals were at first used without permission; a lawsuit followed in 1994 and was settled by compensation.

The song was named "Sadeness (Part I)" on its single release in Germany, and "Sadness Part I" on its single release in the United Kingdom and Japan. It is a sensual track with an insistent beat based around "questioning" the sexual desires of Marquis de Sade; hence the German release name of "Sadeness", as opposed to the English word of "Sadness" used in the UK release.

It was followed by a pseudo-sequel named "Mea Culpa (Part II)", which was a moderate commercial success compared with "Sadeness (Part I)".

The 1991 opening theme tune for the video game Streets Of Rage released on Sega Megadrive shares an identical drum beat to Sadeness (Part I) which is believed to be a major influence on the music heard in the game.
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG7Bs_BCC5w

"Mea Culpa (Part II)" is a song by German musical project Enigma. It was released in April 1991 as the second of four singles from their debut album MCMXC a.D.. Like their previous single "Sadeness (Part I)", "Mea Culpa (Part II)" is sung in French and Latin, though Mea Culpa (Part II) also has a line in English, "The time has come".

It was the project's second top ten hit in their native Germany, reaching number 7, but it failed to match the success of "Sadeness (Part I)" elsewhere. Nevertheless, the song reached the top ten in Italy, France, Belgium, and Switzerland as well as number 7 on the American dance chart.
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8ri14rw32c

"The Eyes of Truth" is a 1994 song by the German New age band Enigma. This single was one of Enigma's four singles from its second album, The Cross of Changes. The video for this song was recorded in the rural areas of Nepal.

Similar with "Age of Loneliness", the song featured samples of Mongolian Folk Music (most notably Alsyn Gazryn Zereglee (Алсын газрын зэрэглээ)) and samples taken from Anne Dudley's album Songs from the Victorious City. It also contains samples from U2's song "Ultraviolet (Light My Way)", Peter Gabriel's "Kiss That Frog", NASA retransmissions sampled from "Mare Tranquillitatis" performed by Vangelis, and Genesis' "Dreaming While You Sleep".

In 1999, the song was popularized from its artistic use in the worldwide trailer for the movies The Matrix, and also for The Long Kiss Goodnight. As is the trend for many trailers, the song did not appear in either film or soundtrack.

For the case of The Matrix, the song was sampled for the theatrical trailer release.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: brijen

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8mMWh62XpU

Beyond the Invisible" is a 1996 song created by the musical project Enigma.

This is the first of only two singles taken from the album Le Roi est mort, vive le Roi!. A remake was released by Scooter in 2011.

In "Beyond the Invisible", Sandra Cretu again provides the opening vocals, Michael Cretu sings lead vocals. The track also includes samples of a Latvian folk ensemble Rasa song Sajāja Brammaņi and a Gregorian chant (Isaiah 64:9-11) from "Gregoriani Cantus" by Pierre Kaelin. Most of the tracks on Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi! include both Gregorian chants and tribal chants, reminiscent of their first and second albums, MCMXC a.D. and The Cross of Changes.

The video for the song was directed by Julien Temple and features two ice dancers (the Finnish ice dance couple Susanna Rahkamo and Petri Kokko) skating in a forest. The video was shot in Savernake Forest, Marlborough, Wiltshire, United Kingdom. The ice rink was constructed especially for the video and took over a week to freeze. Simon Scotland, line producer on the video, subsequently used the title Beyond the Invisible as the name for his Home Cinema and Entertainment company.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: brijen

Organplayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8mMWh62XpU

wow beautiful music one of my favorite musician on this world i love this music to much

A pdf Remake as a request from this beautiful music

i love to work on the music from Enigma

•